Friday, August 17, 2012

Why Do You Smile?

Today I was on Twitter and saw this #ReasonsThatISmile, and I thought that's kind of cute. I started to read some reasons why people smile. Many were about food, girlfriends, boyfriends, best friends, family, and stuff. I read about 30 tweets and only saw 3 about God. I wasn't shocked, but would have liked to see more. Think of it this way, God has blessed us with so much every single day and sometimes we can't even take the time to say, "thank you God". Yet that doesn't stop him from blessing us the next day. 

       Our blessings may not be a house or thousands of dollars, but God just waking us up in the morning, is a blessing that many take for grated. In the Bible "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Phil 4:19 KJV). Sometimes we find ourselves asking God to bless us with things, like a new job, a husband or wife, a fancy car, and so on. So we sit, wait and wonder why God hasn't blessed us yet...But God knows us better then we know ourselves, he knows what we can handle and when we can handle it. So no worries, God hears all our prayers and blesses us in ways we can manage.

Mini Story: Just Ask Him.
One day during the time I was taking a summer class, I missed my early bus (and if you know me, I don't like being late). So I was annoyed with myself, I couldn't stop looking at my watch. I knew I was late; I closed my eyes on the bus and prayed really hard, to be on time. I got to class 5 minutes late; my professor had already started, talking about the homework due the next day. I didn't want to worry about being late, knowing I had prayed. Then 10 minutes after I had already walked into class he said, "Lucky for you guys that came late, I haven't taken the attendance yet." I thought to myself I was on time!! I couldn't stop smiling; my friend was looking at me like something was wrong with me. My God works in mysterious way, and is worthy of all the praise. 

That was my mini story, of how God blessed me. So how can I go a day without smiling, because every single day God has blessed me and I believe he will always bless me. Now question to you, a reason why you smile? ^^v.

#ReasonsThatISmile for my God loves me in spite of all my sins.

P.S. Happy Sabbath :).

No comments:

Post a Comment